3 Replies Latest reply on Jun 27, 2017 12:49 PM by richard0415

New, Unwanted Horizontal Scrollbar in List View

richard0415

*FileMaker Pro Advanced 16.0.1.162

*Windows 7 Enterprise

*FileMaker Server 15 running on Windows Server (dedicated VM).

*A horizontal scrollbars appears at the bottom when opening a file in list view.  It does not appear in browse view.  The horizontal bar is also grayed out since the layout does not extend off the window (scrolling is not necessary).  Zooming in allows you to interact with the scrollbar and move the screen left or right.  Zooming out (even all the way) only causes the scrollbar to be grayed out.  The scrollbar also partially covers a buttonbar that I set up on a bottom navigation part for the layout.  Even if the h-scrollbar was desired, the fact that it covers the bottom navigation layout part is undesired (allow it to shift the objects up and let the bar be at the bottom of the page).

*Using FileMaker Pro Advanced 15, open a file then go to a layout setup in list view with enough entries to show a vertical scrollbar.  Close the file and reopen it in FileMaker Pro Advanced 16.

*Removing enough entries so the list view does not require the vertical scrollbar (obviously not a good workaround but does show the issue).

Thank you!

**Edit to include two screen captures.  One from FMPA15 & one from FMPA16.

• 2. Re: New, Unwanted Horizontal Scrollbar in List View
          TSGal

richard0415:

Thank you for your post.

I am unable to replicate the issue.  My scrollbar does not cover up any part of the layout.

Can you describe your layout?  Is the green area at the bottom of your screen a Footer part?  Bottom Navigation?  Sub-Summary?  Grand Summary?

Does this occur with all files or just a particular file?

Any other information you can provide to help me replicate the issue would be appreciated.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.

• 3. Re: New, Unwanted Horizontal Scrollbar in List View
            richard0415

Thanks for your reply.  To answer your questions:

Can you describe your layout? Is the green area at the bottom of your screen a Footer part? Bottom Navigation? Sub-Summary? Grand Summary?

It is a Bottom Navigation part with a button bar placed on it.

Does this occur with all files or just a particular file?

It occurred with both new and old files but only when there was enough records to cause the vertical scrollbar to appear.

I've since received a new laptop that's running Win10 Enterprise (was Win7 Ent).  It now displays correctly - I guess something didn't like the settings on my old machine.  Dunno...