6 Replies Latest reply on Jun 14, 2017 12:57 PM by bruns

Script

bruns

Stuck on a simple script,

I have a button under the picture, I would like to click the button and go to a layout called ID card and just have the current record I was on.

I am enclosing the script I am trying, but it is pulling up all records.  Any help is appreciated.

• 1. Re: Script
          erolst

bruns wrote:

go to a layout called ID card and just have the current record I was on.

I am enclosing the script I am trying, but it is pulling up all records. Any help is appreciated.

Did you notice that after you navigate to the related record, using the desired layout as target layout, your script then ...

- goes to another layout

- performs the step Show all Records

?

• 2. Re: Script
            bruns

I do have it going to another layout but after it has stopped at a preview where I would like to save the current record as a pdf.  However it is showing all records instead of just one.

• 3. Re: Script
              philmodjunk

If you see more than one record after your script enters preview mode and pauses, you either have more than one related record or there is something about that layout design which is making you think that you are looking at more than one record--such as a portal to a set of related records or something.

Note that Preview Mode, previews the entire found set, but when you save as PDF, you have the option of just saving a PDF of the current record or you can use "records being browsed" to save a PDF of the entire found set that you saw while in preview mode.

• 4. Re: Script
                siplus

Why don't you just make a popover appear, with the ID card on it ?

• 5. Re: Script
                  dale_allyn

That's what I do. Same for photo, when it's secondary info and not needed after initial contact.

• 6. Re: Script
                    bruns

Good Idea, I will try and figure it out.  Thanks