1 Reply Latest reply on Jun 14, 2017 1:00 AM by CICT

Two server deployment

gobimano

1. In two server deployment how the data can be accessed from webviewer(Workmachine). Is there any ipaddress config by server admin? If yes please explain.

2. In FileMaker server 16 we have one server and 5 worker machine. Each worker machine can have 100 concurrent users. My question is how the users has been allocated to server(worker machine)? Is there allocation manner similar to FIFO?

3. On installing FileMaker server does it need any specific port for installation? If yes please mention.

• 1. Re: Two server deployment
          CICT

We haven't carried out our first update, but this is my understanding:

1. In two server deployment how the data can be accessed from webviewer(Workmachine). Is there any ipaddress config by server admin? If yes please explain.

Unlike the previous versions, the deployment wizard is run on each worker server, the certificate, the master host name/ip address, worker host name/ip address and the master server admin user name and password  are entered, then you click 'Add to master'. You can see each worker server from the master admin console and I believe you can enable and disable the additional worker servers, but not the very first one.

2. In FileMaker server 16 we have one server and 5 worker machine. Each worker machine can have 100 concurrent users. My question is how the users has been allocated to server(worker machine)? Is there allocation manner similar to FIFO?

Again this is our understanding without practical experience, but you should point users to the main (first) worker server and then Filemaker Server will route them to the worker server with the lightest load/lowest number of users.

3. On installing FileMaker server does it need any specific port for installation? If yes please mention.

This one is easier, as we've picked this directly from the FMS 16 installation document:

Ports 80 and 443 must be open (or alternative ports specified during installation).

Ports 3000, 5013, 8989, 8998, 9889, 9898, 16002, 16003, 16020, and 16021 must be available.

The firewall must allow 5003 and 16000

We should be testing this soon in preparation for our own 2-server v15 upgrades.

Hope this helps

Andy