4 Replies Latest reply on Jun 14, 2017 3:51 PM by William-Porter

FM16 Webdirect and Windows 7?

William-Porter

Is it possible to access database hosted on Server 16 using a browser in Windows 7? I don't have a Windows 7 machine to test on. From what I can find on the Internet it looks like IE 11 might NOT run in Windows 7 and the specs for FM 16 say IE 11 is required minimum version. But I'm not sure I'm reading the info about Internet Explorer right. And then there's Chrome.

Maybe I'm asking the question wrong but Google returns an ocean of web pages and so far, I don't find a clear answer.

Thanks in advance.

Will

• 1. Re: FM16 Webdirect and Windows 7?
          LisaRose

IE11 should be available on Windows 7 SP1. And you can also download the latest version of Chrome there (currently 59). And either should work to access 16 WebDirect (hosted on a separate machine, as Windows 7 is not a supported install platform for FileMaker Server).

2 of 2 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: FM16 Webdirect and Windows 7?
            steveromig

Is it possible to access database hosted on Server 16 using a browser in Windows 7? I don't have a Windows 7 machine to test on. From what I can find on the Internet it looks like IE 11 might NOT run in Windows 7 and the specs for FM 16 say IE 11 is required minimum version. But I'm not sure I'm reading the info about Internet Explorer right. And then there's Chrome.

Maybe I'm asking the question wrong but Google returns an ocean of web pages and so far, I don't find a clear answer.

Thanks in advance.

Will

The compatible Desktop web browsers when it comes to FileMaker WebDirect are:

• Safari 10.0.x
            • Chrome 55 (or higher)
            • Internet Explorer 11.x
            • Microsoft Edge 38

In the case of Windows 7, your best bet is probably Internet Explorer 11.x or Chrome

Steve Romig

FileMaker, Inc.

• 3. Re: FM16 Webdirect and Windows 7?
              William-Porter

Thanks LisaRose, that's what I was hoping. That helped focus my attention and I found the download links and just sent them to my client.

Sorry I forgot to mark this a "question" when I first posted so I can't give you credit for the answer. Marked your reply "helpful". Thanks again.

Will

• 4. Re: FM16 Webdirect and Windows 7?
                William-Porter

Thanks Steve. Yes I had found the specs for FileMaker. It was the Windows 7 side of the equation that I was uncertain about. Anyway, have sent the link off to client and asked her to conduct an experiment, so perhaps I'll find out soon.

Will