AnsweredAssumed Answered

Conditional Value List from calcs in another file

Question asked by user25682 on Jun 14, 2017
Latest reply on Jun 14, 2017 by user25682

Howdy,

I thought I had this working at one point, but after circling back around to it several months later, now I'm not so sure. There were some changes to a file that apparently broke it or I'm hallucinating that it ever worked correctly.

The Employees file feeds data throughout the rest of our system. That that file there are two main tables: Personnel and Qualifications. The Personnel table keeps track of the standard info and is linked to Qualifications via a UUID. There are number of changing variables for each type of employee that are evaluated based on their position and also requirements that vary per state. If all of them are met, then cQualifiedState is set to the two letter state abbreviation. Then, their name can appear as an option in Jobs that are being bid in a particular state (when that state abbreviation matches cQualifiedState). We also need to use this in some other tables, too.

As I said, at one point, I thought I had it working (perhaps that's the fourteen hour days talking), but boy, I can either show EVERY name in the drop down list or none of them. A Portal set to that relationship indeed shows only the people who are qualified in that state and works beautifully, but I'm chasing my tail on the value list. (I'd rather have a value list than a button to select from a portal.)

Help?!?!?

Thanks!

Outcomes