1 Reply Latest reply on Jun 14, 2017 10:40 PM by wintertj

Outlook 2010 search after FM 16 upgrade

GarryWilmeth

Hello,

My client is running Outlook 2010 on 15 machines.  After a recent upgrade to FileMaker 16 on 13 of the systems, the search option is failing to return results. The other two systems still running FileMaker 15 continue to work just fine.

I am currently following the steps here https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/2769651/outlook-search-returns-no-matches-found

I'm curious to know if anyone has experienced a similar issue.  Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Garry

• 1. Re: Outlook 2010 search after FM 16 upgrade
          wintertj

Since I don't believe there is a such thing as Outlook 2010 for Mac, going to assume that the 13 machines upgraded were Windows machines?

If so, did the bit version change perhaps from FileMaker 15 32 bit to FileMaker 16 64 bit and Outlook is still 32 bit? Does FileMaker interact with Outlook in some way (perhaps via Productive Computing's Outlook Manipulator)?

Might be worth it to check with Productive Computing anyway, as they are experts in both FileMaker and Outlook and may have some pointers from years of working with both products.