7 Replies Latest reply on Jul 10, 2017 9:29 AM by BeatriceBeaubien

FBA Companies and Counts of their Certified Developers June 2017

taylorsharpe

Here is the list of FBA companies with their counts of certified developers as of June 2017.  Rumor has it that the "Find a Partner" may be changing in the near future, which would break this web-scrape update.  So this may be the last version of this working, but here it is attached.  I'm sure I'll be seeing a bunch of fellow certified developers at Devcon 2017 next month!

Congrats to Soliant and 株式会社サポータス   for having the most people certified in FileMaker 15!!!!

If your company's count is short, make sure to have your company FBA rep log into their account and make sure all of the staff certifications numbers are provided!

FBAs.png

• 1. Re: FBA Companies and Counts of their Certified Developers June 2017
          FileKraft

since it is now required to be certified for FBA membership (?) it will be interesting to see if numbers increase ..

Thank you for the file!

• 2. Re: FBA Companies and Counts of their Certified Developers June 2017
            davidhead

I think it is only required for Platinum FBA and trainers.

2 of 2 people found this helpful
            • 3. Re: FBA Companies and Counts of their Certified Developers June 2017
              taylorsharpe

davidhead wrote:

I think it is only required for Platinum FBA and trainers.

Yes, and they must get it within 6 weeks of the test becoming available publicly.  But what a lot of regular FBAers don't know is that the Platinum people are usually helping develop and test the new version's certification questions and many have already taken the entire test before it is made publicly available.  That is how so many Platinum guys show certified in the first day when it becomes available publicly.  So while 6 weeks seems a tall order for Platinums, it really isn't because they get it a lot earlier.  Also, only 1 person in a Platinum company has to be certified within the first 6 weeks.  But rumor is that there will not be a FileMaker Training Series for 16 and I'm wondering how they will be getting study materials out?  Will it be some new web page or FM solution with lessons and questions?  Will they just have a test and no training materials?  I guess we'll find out soon enough. 

1 of 2 people found this helpful
              • 4. Re: FBA Companies and Counts of their Certified Developers June 2017
                ethan

That's not entirely accurate. People who are certified on day 1 took the beta exam and passed. I don't believe that is limited to only platinums.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
                • 5. Re: FBA Companies and Counts of their Certified Developers June 2017
                  FileKraft

Taylor Sharpe wrote:

..that the Platinum people are usually helping develop and test the new version's certification questions ..

Who composes the certification questionnaire? They should be computer scientist IMHO.

I would like to talk to them. I was in the situation of hiring a new senior developer and mandatory was CS degree and FM certification. I didn't find one.

• 6. Re: FBA Companies and Counts of their Certified Developers June 2017
                    taylorsharpe

Ethan Shoshin wrote:

That's not entirely accurate. People who are certified on day 1 took the beta exam and passed. I don't believe that is limited to only platinums.

True, but the invite goes out to Platinum companies and not to regular FBA companies.  Also, there are some FileMaker Inc staff that take the test that are obviously not Platinum too.  However, it is a good generality that if you were invited to take the beta test, you belong to an FBA Platinum company and this has been my experience in talking to those a handful of people I know who took the beta test. 

• 7. Re: FBA Companies and Counts of their Certified Developers June 2017
                      BeatriceBeaubien

Hello Taylor,

Beta exam invites go out to non-Platinum developers as well.

Beatrice Beaubien, PhD

FileMaker Business Alliance

FileMaker 16 Certified Developer

Knowledge Translation Certified Professional

On Jul 10, 2017, at 11:08, Taylor Sharpe <noreply@filemaker.com> wrote

/snip

True, but the invite goes out to Platinum companies and not to regular FBA companies.  Also, there are some FileMaker Inc staff that take the test that are obviously not Platinum too.  However, it is a good generality that if you were invited to take the beta test, you belong to an FBA Platinum company and this has been my experience in talking to those a handful of people I know who took the beta test.