JoelStoner

FMS16 ETS Uninstaller missing....

Discussion created by JoelStoner on Jun 15, 2017
Latest reply on Jun 16, 2017 by beverly

The ETS version of FMS16 expired tonight at midnight  (June 15). It's not accepting a legit FMS16 maintenance code, so I figure I'll uninstall/re-install, especially since it's pre-release.  The FMS16 installer includes un-installers for FMS14 and 15, but not 16. The FMS16 Installer says to look in the Library/FileMaker Server folder for the FMS16 uninstaller. So I look there, and there's an alias. Clicking on it says:

"The operation can't be completed because the original item for "FileMaker Server 16 Uninstaller" can't be found."

I have the FBA Dev copy of FMS installed on another machine, and the uninstaller there appears to function (at least it launches), so I zip the uninstaller (because it's a package) from there and email it to the (remote) machine I'm working on, but unzipping it says:

"Unable to finish expanding "FileMaker Server 16 Uninstaller.zip. Could not move "FileMaker Server 16 Uninstaller.app."

Anybody have any insight?

I would've posted this in the ETS discussion area (and searched there first), but either it no longer exists or I can't get find it...

Outcomes