AnsweredAssumed Answered

Why is my Base64encode function failing in V16?

Question asked by john_wolff on Jun 15, 2017
Latest reply on Jul 5, 2017 by TSGal

Product and version       FMPA 16.0.1.162

OS and version              macOS 10.12.4 & macOS 10.12.5

Hardware:                   

27" iMac (late 2015) with 32GB RAM or MacPro  6,1 6core, 1TB SSD, with 16GB  RAM

Accessing solution hosted on FMS 15  running on 8-core 2008 MacPro on OSX 10.11.

Description:

We use the Base64 encode function to create a text data for uploading jpg files to our web site via ESS.

The function has worked perfectly for V14 and V15 but we are only seeing the first 3 generic lines of Text when we try to use the same function in V 16. Here is the Calc:

Base64Encode ( "imagemac:" & MM::gSuperContainerPath & Products::MWProductCode & "/" & Products::MWProductCode & ".jpg”  ) where MM::gSuperContainerPath = "/GMG_FMS15/Users/Shared/SuperContainer/Files/Grandmothers Garden/Products/“, the fully qualified path prefix.

Changing “imagemac” to “filemac” does not overcome the glitch.

Have contacted 360Works, who have advised that it is not a problem with accessing the file from our SuperContainer destination.

How to replicate:

Tested with Data Viewer.

Workaround: Will the problem be resolved when the solution is hosted from FMS 16? Possibly not, as when I test the function with the data viewer using my FDS version of FMS 16, the problem persists.

Outcomes