1 Reply Latest reply on Jun 19, 2017 10:47 AM by TSGal

Select/Slide Script step moves the wrong one

hschlossberg

Back in 14, I reported a couple related issues here: Script steps move out of order unexpectedly.  Both issues were fixed at some point in 14 and/or 15, but it seems one of them is back in 16 (Windows 7):

Intentionally moving a step moves the wrong step:

1) Select a step in your script so that it is highlighted in blue;

2) Now grab another step below that step and slide it up somewhere. Grab and slide without pausing between the grab and the slide.

3) Chances are about 1 in 2 that as you are sliding you will notice that a completely different step has been highlighted in blue.  And if you complete your slide and release, you will see that this other completely different step has now moved unexpectedly.

Howard

• 1. Re: Select/Slide Script step moves the wrong one
          TSGal

hschlossberg:

Thank you for your post.

I am unable to replicate the issue using FileMaker Pro Advanced 16 under Windows 7.  Each time I grab another script step, that script step is automatically highlighted as the previous script step is deselected, so when I move the new script step above the previously selected step, it moves correctly.  I perform a "grab and slide" in one motion.

Do you have a specific OnTimer script installed when this occurs as this might interrupt the mouse clicking and timing?  That is, if the clicking and dragging is being trapped, the clicking may select another script step as you begin the dragging.

Any plug-ins installed?  If so, try disabling them and see if the issue continues.

Any other information you can provide may help me replicate the issue.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.