8 Replies Latest reply on Jun 30, 2017 1:49 PM by TSGal

FM16 crashes by changing layout (manual or in script)

dennerlj

FMP 16 and FMPA 16 32-bit, Windows 7

(tested with Client Mac FMPA 16 64-bit the same problem)

File hostet with FM 16 Server, WIN Server2008 R2, 64-bit

Crashes when changing different Layouts, manual or by script.

With Client FMP 15 and FMPA 15 and Server 16 its running fine,

I think, it´s a Clientproblem.

There are only Fields, Lines and maximum 1 portal.

Where can I try to search for an solution

• 1. Re: FM16 crashes by changing layout (manual or in script)
          TSGal

dennerlj:

Thank you for your post.

FileMaker Pro 16 should not crash when changing layouts, whether accessing a remote file or local file.

Is the client able to switch layouts on a local file?  Does the client only crash with a specific hosted file?  That is, can the client open another hosted file and switch layouts?

Are there any script triggers being executed when switching layouts?

Any other information you can provide may be helpful in narrowing down possible causes to the crash.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.

• 2. Re: FM16 crashes by changing layout (manual or in script)
            dennerlj

same file local, same result

no script-triggers in these layouts

not all layouts, but error everytime with the same layouts

• 3. Re: FM16 crashes by changing layout (manual or in script)
              dennerlj

Wir haben eine Lösung mit circa 80 Dateien und mehr als 250 Layouts, und natürlich keine Lust jedes einzelne zu überprüfen. Es wäre natürlich nützlich, wenn wenigstens eine Fehlermeldung ausgegeben würde, statt einfach nur abzustürzen.

Aber es bleibt ein schlechter Nachgeschmack, man fühlt sich - wieder einmal - als würde FileMaker den Betatest auf die zahlenden Anwender übertragen.

Zumal Funktionen - wie zum Beispiel das Erstellen von PDF-Dateien - scheinbar nicht nur bei uns nicht funktionieren. Wir hoffen auf eine schnell Version 16.0.2, in der zumindest mal alle oberflächlichen Probleme behoben sind.

Das Produkt ist schließlich keine OpenSource-Lösung, sondern kostet richtig viel Geld.

Wir habens bezahlt, jetzt warten wir auf die Gegenleistung

• 4. Re: FM16 crashes by changing layout (manual or in script)
                dennerlj

Sorry for posting in German.

We have a solution with about 80 files and more than 250 layouts, and of course no desire to check each one. It would, of course, be useful if at least one error message were issued, rather than just crashing.

But there remains a bad aftertaste, one feels - again - as if FileMaker would transfer the Betatest to the paying users.

Especially as functions - such as the creation of PDF files - apparently not only do not work with us. We hope for a fast version 16.0.2, at least once all superficial problems are fixed.

The product is not an OpenSource solution, but costs a lot of money.

We have paid, now we wait for the consideration

• 5. Re: FM16 crashes by changing layout (manual or in script)
                  Benjamin Fehr

"But there remains a bad aftertaste, one feels - again - as if FileMaker would transfer the Betatest to the paying users."

My words

… and in Germany, you might also be affected by high pricing and the fact that bradfreitag is still unable to work out a simple 'rule-of-three' (math. Dreisatz):

Still terrible miscalculation in Swiss Filemaker Store!

• 6. Re: FM16 crashes by changing layout (manual or in script)
                    TSGal

dennerlj:

Please send in a clone of your solution so we can determine why FileMaker Pro is crashing.  I have sent you a private message with instructions where to send the file(s).

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.

• 7. Re: FM16 crashes by changing layout (manual or in script)
                      TSGal

dennerlj:

I received your files.  Thank you.

I am able to replicate the crash following your instructions.  I have sent your instructions and files to our Development and Testing departments for review.  When I receive any feedback, I will let you know.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.

• 8. Re: FM16 crashes by changing layout (manual or in script)
                        TSGal

dennerlj:

Our Testing department is also able to replicate the crash, and it appears the crash report is similar to another issue that was reported.  Your posts and file have been sent to Development for further review.

When more information becomes available, I will post again.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.