7 Replies Latest reply on Jun 20, 2017 11:17 AM by Johan Hedman

FileMaker Pro Debugger

Johan Hedman

I have a problem using the Script Workspace

Skärmavbild 2017-06-20 kl. 11.28.47.png

When I scroll I get many scripts looking just empty in there name. If I click on either of this rows, all names appears directly. I have tried disable all plugins I have, but it still behave in the same way

FMP: FileMaker Pro Advanced 16

Any suggestions what it could be?

• 1. Re: FileMaker Pro Debugger
          TSGal

Johan Hedman:

Thank you for your post.

This issue only occurs under macOS Sierra 10.12.x, but this was addressed in FileMaker Pro 16, and I am unable to replicate the issue in FileMaker Pro 16.  I can replicate under FileMaker Pro 15.

Since this is occurring for you under FileMaker Pro 16, please describe a little more detail about the number of scripts, the number of script folders, etc.  Also, are you able to reproduce in a new file?  What version of FileMaker Pro was used to create the file (if you remember).

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.

• 2. Re: FileMaker Pro Debugger
            Johan Hedman

In a new file I usually do not have that many scripts to start of with, but if I take one of the starter solutions in FM16 and copy a bunch of nonsense script I do not get the same error.

• 3. Re: FileMaker Pro Debugger
              TSGal

Johan Hedman:

Thank you for the observations with the Starter Solutions.

In a new file, create a script and duplicate it 100 times (or however many times as needed).

Also, what version of FileMaker Pro was used to originally create the file?  Any other information you can provide may be helpful in determining possible causes.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.

• 4. Re: FileMaker Pro Debugger
                Johan Hedman

Same thing if I create a brand new file or use starter solutions, then I do not get the same problem

I get the same problem working with almost all other solutions. They are created many years back, most probably being converted from FM6-FM7 and then from FM11-FM12.

• 5. Re: FileMaker Pro Debugger
                  TSGal

Johan Hedman:

Thank you for the information.

If possible, I would like to get a clone of one of the solutions so our Testing and Development departments can determine what factors in the original files are still carried over to cause this issue.  I have sent you a private message with instructions where to send a file.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
                  • 6. Re: FileMaker Pro Debugger
                    TSGal

Johan Hedman:

I received your file.  Thank you.

I can only replicate the issue under FileMaker Pro Advanced 15.  No matter what options I try (expanding folders, scrolling quickly, changing Language and Region to Svenska/Sweden, etc.), I cannot replicate under FileMaker Pro Advanced 16.  The script names never disappear.

Are you able to replicate on another machine running FileMaker Pro Advanced 16?

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.

• 7. Re: FileMaker Pro Debugger
                      Johan Hedman

I tried on my Windows 10 virtual machine using VMware using FMPA16 and that problem did not occur with same file. I have some problems on both FMPA15v3 as in FMPA16v1