4 Replies Latest reply on Jun 20, 2017 8:22 AM by Johan Hedman

FileMaker Script Workspace

Johan Hedman

For some reason FileMaker Pro Advanced 16 do not remember the size of each part of the Script Workspace that resized

I did just a few minutes ago resized this window to better handle names of my scripts (so that I can see more of the name). I

Skärmavbild 2017-06-20 kl. 11.37.59.png

then quit FMPA16 and reopen the Script Workspace and it is back to original size that FileMaker want it to be

Skärmavbild 2017-06-20 kl. 11.40.18.png

It behave in the same way if I just close the Script Workspace as if I quit the application itself.

This is kind of annoying and it would save me time if it remembered the size it used last time I had Script Workspace open.

FileMaker: FileMaker Pro Advanced 16

• 1. Re: FileMaker Script Workspace
          TSGal

Johan Hedman:

Thank you for your post.

I am unable to replicate the issue.  This is what I have done:

1. Under macOS Sierra 10.12.5, I launched FileMaker Pro Advanced 16 and opened a test file.

2. I opened Script Workspace.

3. I added a new script "This is a very long script name and I am sizing the pane so I can read it".

4. I sized the left Scripts pane larger so I could read the entire script name.

5. I closed the Script Workspace, and quit FileMaker Pro Advanced 16.

6. I launched FileMaker Pro Advanced 16 and opened the database file.

7. I opened Script Workspace, and the left pane was sized correctly.  I could read the entire script name.

Please let me know what I am doing differently than you so I can reproduce the issue.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.

• 2. Re: FileMaker Script Workspace
            Johan Hedman

Step 1-4 correct

Step 5, you do not need to quit. It is the same problem just closing the Script Workspace window as if I quit FMPA16

I can replicate that almost every time I change size of FMPA16

• 3. Re: FileMaker Script Workspace
              TSGal

Johan Hedman:

Thank you for the update, but whether I quit or not, each time I open the Script Workspace, the left scripts pane is sized correctly.

In case this is a specific file issue, are you able to reproduce the issue with a new file?

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.

• 4. Re: FileMaker Script Workspace
                Johan Hedman

No problem when I create a new file in FMPA16 or open one of the new Starter Solutions in FMPA16. Most have something to do with when file was created