pomilpetan

Use the portal or not?

Discussion created by pomilpetan on Jun 20, 2017
Latest reply on Jun 20, 2017 by pomilpetan

Goodmorning everyone,

I'm asking for your help, I'm stuck and can not find a solution. I use filemaker pro 15 advanced on mac.

Premise:

I have developed a database consisting of two parts:

registry

billing

In Mastery I have the data of clients, agents who follow customers and suppliers with their brand that are handled by agents.

Each agent may have several suppliers; Each customer has only one agent but may have various brands.

Each vendor may have several agents distributing its own brand.

In billing, I need to be able to enter data for seasonal agents' commissions.

I can search it by agent, by brand or by season.

The data I will have to include is just the quantity of ordered pieces. The remainder of commission calculations are made automatically.

I was thinking of creating a portal that extrapolated my clients' names based on a search (per agent, vendor, or season). And here I stop.

Why am I blocking? If I do a search for agent, I can find all the clients of that agent. I did not find the ability to automatically create a record from the portal. That is, once a customer is found and added to the portal, a record is created automatically with the client name, agent name, season (autumn / winter + year or spring / summer + year) and some fields . Example:

Bubble number;

ordered quantity;

Commission agent;

If I succeed in developing this part I think I can continue. But then I have another problem; If it is the first time the search is made I create the record but if it is the second or the third time (why maybe there are some additions to do)? I would not duplicate the records and no longer have the correct data.

I ask some of you a cue to be able to unlock this situation.

If you have any other questions ask as well

thank you

Outcomes