Hello Filemaker Community,
I've been on this problem for a while and i have to admit that i am not good enough to resolve it :/
I have three tables :
- A Campaign can have N Contacts
- A Contact can be on N Campaigns
- ... so a Join_table is there to deal with the many to many relationship
Importing contact problem
Let's say i'm in Campaign ID N°7, i'd like to click on a button (import) and launch a script that will import data from a .CSV file (name / email) into the Contact table. But at the same time i'd like to create this link between contact and campaign using the join table...
So i need to be able to create a Join_Contact_Campaign record for each of my imported contact.
Where am i now ?
- I know i can use a $$variable to store the Campaign ID and later use it to populate the Join_Table
- Someone told me that when you import data from a .csv it creates a "selection" you can play with ; i was wondering if the script should focus on this "selection" and do something like
for each (record imported)
create a new record
take the campaign id and fill this field
take the contact id and fill this field
go to next field
But as you can guess, i'm not a programmer
If you have any ideas, feel free to shoot them !