FMGo 13 had a memory leak that caused crashing. I seen some reports with FMGo 15. I do believe that FMGo 16 is the most stable version.
Corruption in the database or a corrupted object in the database can also cause crashing.
There is a another thread / post about the correct way to close a database in FMGo to prevent corruption.
is the database stored locally on the iPad or is there a server (iPad access the data via 'hosts')
- is it a 'normal' field for searching (formula, etc.)
- crashes occur when searching in a specific field?
- copy the database to a desktop machine, make a copy (important!) and test with that machine with the copy
- run recover with the copy (important) and check the log-file for errors
- no problems on desktop machines with FileMaker Pro?
if FMGo crashes when searching in one specific field, try deactivating/reactivating indexing (FileMaker Pro)