anothersmurf

FileMaker 16 Server "Session Expired"

Discussion created by anothersmurf on Jun 21, 2017
Latest reply on Jun 22, 2017 by TSGal

Product and version FileMaker Server 16

OS and version Mac 10.12.5

Browser and version (for WebDirect only) Firefox 52.2 ESR

Hardware MacBook Pro early 2011 (2ghz core i7, 4gb ram)

Description The first time I open the web page to access the server console, I log in successfully and see the console, except that images (like the filemaker logo at top left) do not load. There's a little spinning red circle top left, and after a short time I see a message, white on red, top center, that says "Session Expired, Take note of any unsaved data and click here to continue." I click there, log into the server again, and then it works as expected (images load instantly).

How to replicate With FileMaker Server installed and set up, boot the computer. Log in to the computer. Open the "FMS 16 Admin Console.webloc" link on the desktop. Log in using the correct username and password. Observe the problem. Once you see the problem, click there to continue, and log in again. Observe that the images load and the session does not expire. Restart the computer. Now the problem will happen again.

Workaround (if any) Click the link and log in a second time. (The second session does not expire.)

Outcomes