I'm sure I must be missing something obvious, but I'm having an issue where a summary field in the Trailing Grand Summary part is not refreshing to reflect changes in the fields in the body part, even after ensuring the record is committed and refreshing the window. Even switching the layout and coming back doesn't always refresh the total, however going into Manage Database and modifying any field, forces the Total to refresh.
I'll attach a demo file that is stripped down to its basics, but I'll try to explain it as well.
I have a Payroll Report layout that is based on the PayrollSummary table, with one record per employee. The Body part shows fields from the PayrollSummary table and then in the Trailing Grand Summary there are summary fields for each field in the body (all fields are from the same PayrollSummary TO as the fields in the Body Part). There are also two global date fields that can be selected to choose the date range for the payroll report. (The PayrollSummary fields are unstored calculations that pull and prorate info from the PayHistory table based on the selected dates.)
When I first open the database, the totals in the Trailing Grand Summary accurately reflect the totals of the individual records, however if I change the dates for the report, the individual records for the employees correctly update to show the new values, however the summaries in the Trailing Grand Summary don't update. (This is perhaps most easily noticeable in the Bonus column.) I have scripts that Refresh Window and Commit Records that I've used to test those issues, with no success. For example, when the date range of 9/1/2016 to 8/31/2017 is selected when entering the layout, the Bonus total is $500, however switching to 9/1/2015 to 8/31/2016 the Bonus total should be $3,100 (correctly reflected in the individual records but not in the overall total).
I'm switching to an approach of using a script to calculate everything directly rather than relying on these unstored calculations as those seem to be part of the issue (as the Health Insurance total seems to correctly update whereas the others don't), and perhaps that is a better approach overall anyway, however at least on principle I'm confused why the Summary is not updating.
I have tried it with FMPA 14.0.6 and 15.0.3 on Mac.