7 Replies Latest reply on Jun 25, 2017 12:37 AM by vince.menanno

DDR not showing layouts or scripts

john9210

FM 15 ADV, Windows 10 64 bit. The DDR report is not showing the layouts and scripts that a field is used in. Can this be fixed? If not, is it possible to use an earlier version of the DDR?

• 1. Re: DDR not showing layouts or scripts
          Johan Hedman

I think you are wrong. Each part of your database will be appear in the DDR.

Have you tried any of the analysis tools  like

Base Elements

FMPerception

Inspector Pro

to get more out of your DDR?

• 2. Re: DDR not showing layouts or scripts
            fmnotsopro

I'm running FM Pro Adv version 15.02.220, Windows 10, 64 bit. The DDR report is my most important tool in the toolbox, and I have generated and referred to them more times than I can count. My DDR output has never failed to show the layouts and scripts that a database field is used in. Is it one particular field, or all fields?

• 3. Re: DDR not showing layouts or scripts
              john9210

Yes, the DDR has been one of the most important items in my toolbox too and I've used it for years. But, with FM 15 adv it isn't showing the layouts and scripts for any field. Is there a setting somewhere? Could this be a bug that needs to be reported. Very frustrating. My version is FMP Adv 15.0.3.305.

I have not tried Base Elements, FMPerception or InspectorPro. What are these programs? In the past the DDR has met all my needs.

• 4. Re: DDR not showing layouts or scripts
                philmodjunk

Whe you first select the option from Tools to create the DDR, you get a list of options for what to include in the report. What options did you choose?

1 of 1 people found this helpful
                • 5. Re: DDR not showing layouts or scripts
                  Johan Hedman

It is tools to make your DDR visual ina much better way then looking at  XML or HTML file

• 6. Re: DDR not showing layouts or scripts
                    john9210

I usually choose all the options.

• 7. Re: DDR not showing layouts or scripts
                      vince.menanno

john9210 wrote:

Yes, the DDR has been one of the most important items in my toolbox too and I've used it for years. But, with FM 15 adv it isn't showing the layouts and scripts for any field. Is there a setting somewhere? Could this be a bug that needs to be reported. Very frustrating. My version is FMP Adv 15.0.3.305.

I have not tried Base Elements, FMPerception or InspectorPro. What are these programs? In the past the DDR has met all my needs.

Hi John,

I am the author of InspectorPro and if you haven't tried my tool I invite you to give it a try ... or any other tool for that matter. The DDR is great but it is XML. What InspectorPro does is gather up all the references of say a field, layout, script other any other element of your solution, and present it for you in a much more manageable way. You can also search for your items and see references and dependencies... It can also help you track down all the problems that exist in your solution and compare one version of your DDR to another version and see what changes have occurred.

I invite you to check it out when you get a chance.

beezwax > products > inspectorpro 6 is here!