1. I have a "productions" table (id, name, director_id)
2. I have a "directors" table (id, name)
3. productions::director_id is the external-key between the two table
4. In order to have an autocomplete drop-down in the "productions" format, I use "directors::name" (as if I use the directos::id, I cannot use autocomplete on the second field)
5. The list of values is "All fields in directors"
6. when I create a new "production", I cannot fill in any value in the directors::name drop-down (like it is disabled)
The strange thing:
7. when I edit a production (if I fill-in the production::director_id) then I can change it with the drop-down and auto-complete it (I would expect the same behaviour also in creation)