mardikennedy

FMS 16 Web Direct Image display

Discussion created by mardikennedy on Jun 22, 2017
Latest reply on Jul 5, 2017 by mardikennedy

I have a test server (FMS 16) in a corporate environment, mostly Windows.  It is behind the corporate firewall.  One particular solution displays images that are stored in an external fileshare. (*but also behind the corporate firewall.)  That particular fileshare is normally designated as Public.

This has worked very well in FMS/P 12, and on test installs of FMS/P 14, 15 and 16.  (It also (still) works in FMS/P 12 IWP.)

The problem:  via Web Direct, FMS/P 16, those images are not displaying.  Message is, "The file cannot be found: name_of_image.jpg"  (Field is a calc, Container result, "image:"&URL)

Given that the images are displaying in non-WD contexts, it does not seem like anything has changed wrt permissions on the Images fileshare. Note:  The dev install of FMS 16 does NOT have an SSL certificate.

Is this one of those 'WD disabled features' being triggered, or is it something else?  My recollection is that when I had a dev FMS/P 15 setup, that the images were being displayed nicely in WD, but my memory might be playing tricks.

Outcomes