luffyfilemaker007

Multiple User Appointment Manager

Discussion created by luffyfilemaker007 on Jun 24, 2017
Latest reply on Jul 5, 2017 by philmodjunk

Hi guys;

So I have a project of making an Appointment Manager with basic accounting.

The thing is I have many different people that work in the company.

My idea is to create a layout where I can see daily appointments for each staff.

And can switch from one to another with Tabs for example. And if I click the Tab "John - Sales Manager" for  example I would only see his related appointments. BUt on another Tab in the same "Daily Record" would have "Maria - Marketing Manager"

So I want to create a New Record daily where I can add and see all the staff appointments. But also make some daily calculations for example, sum up all Sales from John and then all sales from Maria and have one more Tab for the Daily Totals. Something like that...

Now I am not sure how to start this properly.

What I have done so far is create a "Customer" Table and an "Appointment" Table (each line is an appointment; with a customer name;date/time total sold...)

I also created a "Daily" Table, which would be the general Layout.  My idea is to create a 'Tab Control" with each Name of the staff and then in each tab create a portal Row to "Appointments".  But the problem I am encountering is that each portal row displays the same "Appointments" that have been created already. So I guess I am missing a step, maybe I should create Tables for each staff?

Are "Tab control" +"portal rows" a good idea or should I go for a List View or something  ?

I want to be able later to search only certain "appointments" based on the "company" they are working for for example...but it would have to search in all the staff members...

I am still thinking about it ,

But if you have any advice it would be much appreciated.

Cheers,

Outcomes