AnsweredAssumed Answered

Calculating Time Between Related Multiple Log File Events

Question asked by garyjones on Jun 25, 2017
Latest reply on Jun 25, 2017 by philmodjunk

Hi,

Following Kevin Franks' article on Magic Key, https://filemakerhacks.com/2011/07/31/magic-key-and-check-box-reporting/ , I have managed to create relationship functionality that records the time and date at which a window which contains an audio file player is opened and closed and other events between these two actions, such as liking a song.

See table schema below.

LogFileRelationship.PNG

What I would like to achieve is some way of calculating the difference in time between two events - such as opening and closing the audio player window and possibly expand that to include the timings for an event between these two actions relevant to an __pk/fkAudioID.

Below is an example table of data taken from the Playback History Event table.

LogFilePlaybackHistory.PNG

For some reason I can't seem to get my head around this - i have tried all sorts of scenarios today with relationships etc. What's confusing me is the fact that a user my open and play the audio player for the same track on a number of occasions, with additional events in between, and how to differentiate each __pkPHID relative to the _fkAudioID - so that I can say User X opened audio Y on Z date and played the track for Z minutes (the difference between opening and closing the player window AND/OR during this time they liked/disliked the track).

I have clearly have a lot to learn but all help appreciated as always.

Best

Gary

Outcomes