2 Replies Latest reply on Jun 29, 2017 2:58 PM by bigtom

Misnomer in Privilege Sets

scottworld

Please see screenshot below.

There is a misnomer in FileMaker's Privilege Sets which we think should be renamed.

The option entitled "Allow exporting" is misnamed, because this checkbox actually controls BOTH exporting AND importing.

If this checkbox is unchecked, then users are not allowed to import data.

We believe that in very old versions of FileMaker, this option might have actually controlled ONLY exporting. But now, this option actually controls BOTH exporting AND importing.

So we believe that this option should either be renamed, or there should be 2 separate checkboxes (one for importing and one for exporting).

Thanks,

Scott

Screen Shot 2017-05-27 at 10.29.53 AM.png

• 1. Re: Misnomer in Privilege Sets
          TSGal

scottworld:

Thank you for your post.

I am unable to replicate the issue under FileMaker Pro 15 and FileMaker Pro 16 under both Mac and Windows operating systems.  What version of FileMaker Pro are you uinsg?

The only time Import is inaccessible is if my Data Access to Records is set to View only.  Since your screen shot shows "Custom privileges...", perhaps this is the issue.  Temporarily duplicate the existing "user" Privilege Set Name, and change the Records Data Access to either "Create, edit, and delete in all tables" or "Create and edit in all tables".  Does this new account now allow you to import records?

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Misnomer in Privilege Sets
            bigtom

I see this only controlling Export.