Internet plug-in adds new script steps and online help for FileMaker Pro 16.
Alphen aan den Rijn, Netherlands, June 26, 2017–Troi today announced the immediate availability of Troi URL Plug-in 5.0 for FileMaker Pro 16.
What is Troi URL Plug-in?
Troi URL Plug-in can help you fill in forms on the Internet, all from FileMaker Pro. It also retrieves data or images from web sites.
- use the POST command to fill in a web form and retrieve the result directly in FileMaker Pro
- use the GET command to retrieve data
- use the PUT command to to transfer files or upload data to web servers
- use the DELETE command to delete items on web servers
- use a secure connection (HTTPS) using SSL
- get access to password protected web pages, including those that require OAuth authorization
- get JPEG, PNG and GIF images directly into a container field
- specify cookies and proxy server settings
- send tweets to Twitter with ease!
What is new in version 5.0?
We rewrote Troi URL Plug-in for FileMaker 16 and it now has the following new functionality:
- Tested and made compatible with FileMaker Pro 16.
- Added new functionality to the TURL_Get function. When getting images, like jpegs the name of the image (like for example img_4321.jpg) is now also added to the container data.
- Fixed a problem with creating the correct OAuth signature for parameters in the TURL_SendAuthorizedRequest function.
- Fixed a problem with the TURL_SendAuthorizedRequest function for urls that contain extra parameters (after a question mark: like www.example.com?page=1).
- Made various minor changes to the example files to better work with FileMaker Pro 16.
- Updated the code by adding improved namespace handling to make the plug-in more robust.
Extra features when running FileMaker Pro 16
Version 5.0 adds the following new features when running in FileMaker 16:
- The URL Plug-in adds multiple script steps when running in FileMaker Pro 16. You can select these script steps in the script steps pane in Script Workspace, or you can begin typing the script step name, then choose the script step from the list that appears. The script steps significantly expand the possible actions you can perform with FileMaker Pro. Only steps that perform an action have been added as a script step. Functions that just return information (like for example TURL_GetLastHTTPStatusCode) are only available as an external function.
The following seven script steps are added:
- Delete URL
- Get URL
- Post URL
- Put URL
- Reinitialize URL Plug-in
- Send Authorization PIN URL
- Send Authorized Request URL
- Added new scripts to several example files, which demonstrate how to use the new external script steps of FileMaker Pro 16. The examples check if FileMaker Pro 16 is running and will select these new scripts.
- Added support for online help for the functions and script steps of the plug-in. You can now easily get online help from the Troi website, by clicking the Help button (the small question mark button) next to the function description in the functions pane or the script step description in the script steps pane.
Apart from these additions we fixed several bugs and made various further improvements. More detailed information on all changes and improvements implemented in Troi URL Plug-in 5.0 can be found at: https://www.troi.com/products/urlplugin/
Pricing & Availability
A fully functional demo version of Troi URL Plug-in 5.0 is available for downloading at: https://www.troi.com/products/urlplugin/
Licenses cost US$ 79 per user. Details on developer licenses and multi-user discounts can be found on our web site. You can order licenses from our web site.
Version 5.0 needs a new registration. The upgrade is free for users who bought a license for Troi URL Plug-in on or after May 24, 2016. Eligible users will be sent a new registration. Contact us if you have not received yours after June 30, 2017.
Upgrades from licenses bought before May 24, 2016 are available from US$ 49 per user. Upgrade prices for other licenses can be found on our web site. You can order upgrades from our web site.