3 Replies Latest reply on Jul 14, 2017 12:13 PM by TSGal

Reproductible bug : Card window locked on windows

airmoi

Hi,

I found a strange bug while playing with card windows on Windows 10 (tested on both 32 and 64b versions) :

I have a card windows where users can add documents.

When the card is opened without defining a window name, once you've added a doc, your stuck in the card !

Both legacy close button or "close window" step won't be able to close the window.

Using debugger, if you go twice on "close window" step, fmp will crash !

As a workaround, I found that defining a window name for the card window solve the issue. That may help you in your investigations.

NB : this bug is not present on macOS

You'll find a demo file that reproduce the bug in attachment :

• Clic on "add" button
      • Drag and drop or insert a file
      • Try to close the card

FileMaker Pro Advanced 16.0.1.162

Windows 10 Pro up to date (1703 - 15063.413)

• 1. Re: Reproductible bug : Card window locked on windows
          TSGal

airmoi:

Thank you for your post.

I am able to reproduce the bad state under Windows 10.  Stepping through the script, the bad state occurs after Set Window Name even if no file is inserted.  Strangely, the window does close if you let the script run all the way through and not insert a file.  In a new file, I am unable to encounter the bad state.

Regardless, I have forwarded all information, including your file and my findings, to our Development and Testing departments for review.  When I receive any feedback, I will let you know.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.

• 2. Re: Reproductible bug : Card window locked on windows
            airmoi

Hi TSGal,

Thanks for your feedback.

I was also unable to encounter the bad state in a new file unless I copy all scripts from my original solution to try to reproduce. I can't figure out which action makes thing goes wrong

• 3. Re: Reproductible bug : Card window locked on windows
              TSGal

airmoi:

Testing is able to reproduce the crash under Windows 10.  Testing confirmed your observations that naming the Card window works as expected.  All information has been sent to Development for further review.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.