2 Replies Latest reply on Jun 30, 2017 1:44 PM by TSGal

Copy & Paste FM16 compare to previous versions

KenNewell

In past versions of FileMaker when custom menus were installed and the keyboard shortcut for cut and paste were not included then the user could not copy or paste into a field.  Nothing happened when they tried the control V noting was pasted.  However in FM16 when they try to copy and paste an odd character gets put into its place.

Workaround is to make sure your menu has the keyboard short cut for cut and paste.

We had several layouts where all the menus were removed

Has anyone else seen this behavior?

• 1. Re: Copy & Paste FM16 compare to previous versions
          TSGal

KenNewell:

Thank you for your post.

I am able to replicate the issue only under Windows operating system using FileMaker Pro 15 and FileMaker Pro 16.  (I did not test earlier versions).  The issue does not occur under Mac operating systems.

I have forwarded this information, along with a sample file, to our Development and Testing departments for review.  When I receive any feedback, I will let you know.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.

• 2. Re: Copy & Paste FM16 compare to previous versions
            TSGal

KenNewell:

Our Development and Testing departments are already aware of this issue under Windows.  Your post has now been attached to the original report.  When more information becomes available, I will post again.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.