5 Replies Latest reply on Jun 28, 2017 6:50 AM by mediteran

Certain fields of new records not being exported

mediteran

Hi all,

I've got a very strange issue in FMP 15 Advanced. In a database, most of the data is entered manually. Then, there is a dropdown menu with a list of offices. Depending on the chosen office, three phone numbers are displayed in three fields. The phone numbers are stored in another table, the relationship is correct.

When I export records to an XLSX file, the mentioned phone numbers have always been exported correctly. And this is still working with all "older" records. But when exporting new records which are created in the last couple of days, the phone numbers are not being exported, the corresponding cells in the XLSX spreadsheet empty.

Any idea what could have happened with the new records? What I've already tried, without any success:

– Quit FMP and restart.

– Created a copy of the database.

– Copied the database onto another computer and exported records.

– Made a clone of the database and imported all records.

– Recovered the database, without any issues found.

• 1. Re: Certain fields of new records not being exported
          beverly

Are you sure the cells are "empty"? I've seen a carriage return move data down to not be seen until you click in the cell to show all of it.

If it's "new records", is there something else that may have changed?

What happens with an export as .CSV (text), does it also 'forget' those fields, too?

Beverly

• 2. Re: Certain fields of new records not being exported
            mediteran

Hi Beverly,

yes, the cells are definitely empty, there is no "hidden" content.

Exporting .csv, .tab or .fmp12 is giving the same results, old records OK, new records not OK. I've duplicated a couple of old and new records and exported them. Again the same results OK resp. not OK.

In the last two days, I've edited some 100 records. All of them are being exported correctly.

The only changes which I've made to the database are deleting a field which is not needed anymore, and adding a new field. But this I did after creating the "new" records.

I can't see any differences between old and new records, data entry is consistent.

Ralf

• 3. Re: Certain fields of new records not being exported
              beverly

Ah! Deleting a field can mangle any export (or save as). Check your script and possibly 'reset' (recreate) the Export/Save As part of the script step.

Beverly

2 of 2 people found this helpful
              • 4. Re: Certain fields of new records not being exported
                mediteran

I exported the records several times manually, and checked carefully if all fields are listed in the export dialogue.

The deleted, as well as the newly created field are for filter purposes only, they have never been a part of exported data.

• 5. Re: Certain fields of new records not being exported
                  mediteran

Issue solved!

Which steps I did:

– Started a manual export.

– Cleared the three fields from the export dialogue.

– Performed the export.

– Started a manual export again.

– Added the three fields again in the export dialogue.

– Performed the export. Everything was OK then.

– Deleted the export script.

– Defined a new export script. Working fine now.

With other words, Beverly's hint was right, the export has been corrupted. Thanks!