4 Replies Latest reply on Jun 28, 2017 11:17 PM by philmodjunk

Type field to portal

thekops

Hi guys, how do I copy the content of a field and store it in a field in a portal? The following below is my script. Help please!!

User will enter their leave application into the fields. With a click of a button, the info will be sent to the fields in the portal.

Currently, the fields in the portal are showing 0s and 1s.

• 1. Re: Type field to portal
          BruceRobertson

Of course.

That's what you asked for.

ThisThing = OtherThing is a Boolean expression with a result value of 1; or 0.

• 2. Re: Type field to portal
            thekops

If ( Get ( LastMessageChoice )=1 ; GetField ( HR || Individual Notes::Start Date AL ) )

I tried this too but it still show 0

• 3. Re: Type field to portal
              BruceRobertson

Tried how? That expression makes no sense. What is the whole script? Why use getField? Looks like some very basic training on how to design with Filemaker is in order here.

• 4. Re: Type field to portal
                philmodjunk

"how do I copy the content of a field and store it in a field in a portal?"

Option 1:  Don't do it. Instead, enter the data direcrly into fields of the portal row. There are number of options for how you can do that.

Option 2:  Use MagicKey. You can web search this term to find out more.

Option 3:  Use global fields for entering the data and the following script:

Set variable [$ID ; Value: layoutTO::primaryKey ]

New Window

Go To Layout ["PortalTO" (PortalTO) ]

New Record/Request

SetField [PortalTO::ForeignKey ; $ID ]

Set Field [PortalTO::Field ; Globals::GlobalField ]

Close Window

with New Window, you can hide it by positioning it off the edge of the monitor.