2 Replies Latest reply on Jun 30, 2017 1:54 PM by TSGal

Webviewer drag and drop

michaellechthaler

Product and version

FileMaker Pro Advanced 16.0.1.162

OS and version

Windows 10

Description

Dragging text from a portal to a webviewer that then triggers a FileMaker Script via fmp protocol causes FileMaker to crash.

How to replicate

I have a layout with portal and a webviewer on it. The portal shows unassigned tasks and the webviewer is a scheduler. The goal is to assign the tasks to a user by simply dragging the id of the task from the portal to an available slot in the scheduler. The webviewer then runs a FileMaker script via fmp protocol to update the task with the new data (assigned user, time, etc.). This works several times until FileMaker crashes - sometimes even after the first try. I attached a very simple example. To reproduce the error, drag the timestamp from the portal and drop it on the red "drop zone". After 2-4 repetitions the error should occur.

Best regards

Michael

• 1. Re: Webviewer drag and drop
          TSGal

michaellechthaler:

Thank you for your post and sample file.

I am able to replicate the crash using FileMaker Pro Advanced 16.0.1 under Windows 10, and also using FileMaker Pro Advanced 15.0.3 under Windows 7.  The issue does not occur under macOS Sierra 10.12.5.

I have sent your post and file, along with my findings, to our Development and Testing departments for review.  When I receive any feedback, I will let you know.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.

• 2. Re: Webviewer drag and drop
            TSGal

michaellechthaler:

Our Testing department is able to reproduce the crash using your file.  Your posts and file have been forwarded to Development for further review, along with a Windows 10 crash log and Windows 7 crash log.  When more information becomes available, I will post again.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.