5 Replies Latest reply on Jun 29, 2017 5:45 PM by gofmp15

Mechanical quick (?) fix help

macfiles

In short, I've got a file that is for serviced machines and the times our reps are working on them. It could take hours and days.

I've finally figured out how to properly formulate the total hours based on the times they checked in and out. However the "Total onsite" is auto calculating as soon as I enter the "Arrival" time or which ever time is first in the row. The only way to physically counteract this is to go back and remove the already auto-corrected time from the "total on site" and input the "departure".

In edit mode:

Before correcting the time:

still...

now correct:

Hopefully this isn't overly complicated and it has a simple answer.

once you press the enter (or tab) button the selected field jumps to a random position. I tried to rectify this by deselecting this:

Nothing.

Any advice is welcome.

• 1. Re: Mechanical quick (?) fix help
          TSPigeon

macfiles:

Thank you for your post!

I'm going to move this thread from the FileMaker Community Feedback Space (which is specifically for input on the Community itself) to the Discussions Space where you should receive more views and potentially more feedback on this topic!

TSPigeon

FileMaker, Inc.

• 2. Re: Mechanical quick (?) fix help
            philmodjunk

You seem to be describing two different issues without a clear link between them:

the "Total onsite" is auto calculating as soon as I enter the "Arrival" time

You'll need to describe how this field calculates a value as there is more than one way to set that up. Details are critical.

once you press the enter (or tab) button the selected field jumps to a random position.

It's highly unlikely that the position is truly "random". Jumping to the wrong field or the wrong position within a field, is much more likely. So is it truly "random"?

There are two main ways to control where the cursor goes after you press tab/enter/return to exit the field;

1. The tab order specified for the objects on your layout. There's a "set tab order" menu option that you can select to change this order.
            2. Any script trigger performed scripts such as OnObjectExit, OnObjectValidate or OnObjectSave might include a step such as Go to Object or Go to Field that sets the focus on a specific object on your layout.
            • 3. Re: Mechanical quick (?) fix help
              mark.muse

Or by having the last script step be "Go to field" with no field specified will exit the field without going to another.

• 4. Re: Mechanical quick (?) fix help
                macfiles

Thank you!

• 5. Re: Mechanical quick (?) fix help
                  gofmp15

There is the option in the layout editor to set the Tab Order since fields can be put on the layout in any order and moved about.

Open the tab editor and select clear all and then click in the little boxes to indicate the order you wish to have the tab move the cursor upon leaving a field.

Other techniques exist offering far more complexity such as triggers using

if Field A = xxxx

go to field x

else

go to field y

end if