AnsweredAssumed Answered

Perform find for "Other" values in a values list

Question asked by ergo99 on Jun 29, 2017
Latest reply on Jul 2, 2017 by user19752

I have a field based on a values list of towns with an option for "Other" at the end. The idea for this is where a town is not part of the values list, it can be inputted as "Other", so that later an admin can go through, research the newly identified town and then add it to the separate table which has these towns and their information (like population, district, altitude etc.).

How can I perform a find for all values which have been entered using the "Other" option? Basically, I want to find all records in which that town is not part of the values list derived from another table.

I tried setting the field in find mode as "Other" and then inputting just "=", but this didn't seem to work. From my research you can write a script and use script parameters to find all records but with my amateur script writing knowledge I wasn't able to get this to work (trying to learn though). I've started out recently with FM, really sorry for the basic question -- I have a feeling it'll have a complex answer though?

Outcomes