AnsweredAssumed Answered

Adding relationship tables from existing tables

Question asked by lindseym on Jun 30, 2017
Latest reply on Jun 30, 2017 by coherentkris

I'm starting to get more advanced with FMP, and that leads to a larger problem. When I started I had about 10 fields. Now, I have two tables, the most having 153.

Most of the 153 are what I consider "background tables" meaning the users do not need them to sort data, or find things. Is there a way I can "move" all the ones I do not want, to another table without losing all the calculations and scripts I have them running through.

I want to make it what someone does a manual sort, they don't have to scroll through looking for the 1 of 12 fields they can actually sort by. I thought about reordering them manually, but does that extend across users?

Excluding "Project" all data is imported from a CSV.

Ideally, I would like to make a few tables that contain

•Directly imported data (text fields)

•Calculated / Summary fields that would be used in sorting

•All the background stuff that the typical user doesn't need to see, or don't need access to (unless they know what they are doing).

I have shied away from doing this because I don't have much experience in it. I had help from the forum on setting it up and don't want to screw it up.

Screen Shot 2017-06-30 at 8.17.48 AM.pngScreen Shot 2017-06-30 at 8.17.13 AM.pngScreen Shot 2017-06-30 at 8.17.32 AM.png

Thank you,

Lindsey

Outcomes