3 Replies Latest reply on Jul 6, 2017 5:19 PM by charlesdtilton

FM Go 16 av player change

charlesdtilton

A layout used by FM Go 16 has a interactive container field that contains a video file.  On that container field is an OnObjectAVPlayerChange trigger that fires a server side script that logs when the video started and when it stopped.

This trigger fires correctly on starting and stopping the video.  However, when adjusting the volume on the ipad with the ipad volume buttons it also cause the trigger to fire.  My understanding is that this trigger is only fired when the media is started, paused or stopped.

Am I missing something?

Thanks.

• 1. Re: FM Go 16 av player change
          mikebeargie

Since the AVPlayer Set Options script step was changed (now includes zoom and volume options), this might be altering the behavior of that trigger:

FileMaker Pro 16 Help

Specifically, altering the volume causes the "state" of what FMGo is paying attention on to change. Since the script step wasn't paying attention to volume in earlier versions of FMGo, volume changes probably didn't have any effect.

Since the trigger is called "OnObjectAVPlayerChange", and not "OnObjectAVPlayerStartStop" or something like that, I would imagine that any change is causing the trigger to fire.

Is the server on filemaker 16 as well?

This may actually be a bug in behavior, I'm not sure. Can you please report it here and see if FMI responds?

Report a Product Issue

• 2. Re: FM Go 16 av player change
            charlesdtilton

Mike,

Yes the server is 16 as well.  I will report the issue.

• 3. Re: FM Go 16 av player change
              charlesdtilton

Since the AVPlayer Set Options script step was changed (now includes zoom and volume options), this might be altering the behavior of that trigger:

You are right Mike.  Any change to the AVPlayer cause the trigger to fire.  It does not with Go 15.  What I was trying to accomplish was to log certain actions depending on when the state of the player, specifically start and stop.  I will need to rethink how I am using the trigger in conjunction with the GetAVPlayerState function.