4 Replies Latest reply on Jul 7, 2017 7:33 PM by designdb

DDR Error FMPA 16.0.1

robwoof

When creating an HTML DDR in FMPA 16.0.1, I get an error dialog three times (identical message each time). Once the final dialog is dismissed, the DDR summary opens, but the content is empty. I have attached screen shots of the error dialog and the directory containing the DDR output - you can see that the actual content of the DDR is 0KB in size.

This has happened on two different Macs. Both running fully-patched Mac OS X 10.11.6 El Capitan. One a MacBook Pro Retina 13-inch Early 2015 2.9GHz Core i5, the other a Mid-2010 Mac mini 2.4GHz Core 2 Duo.

• 1. Re: DDR Error FMPA 16.0.1
          robwoof

Update: I should have tested further before reporting. The common factor in the error is the database. When I try other database files in FMPA 16.0.1, the DDR works as expected. When I try the problem file in FMPA 15.0.3, I get the same error and issue. It looks like I need to sort out the file.

Summary: not a product issue, but a file issue.

• 2. Re: DDR Error FMPA 16.0.1
            TSGal

robwoof:

Thank you for your posts.

When you get the error message, go to the temporary file (in your error message, FMTEMPFM16980_3.tmp), load it into a text editor, scroll down to line 6481, and cursor over to the 12th column/position.  This will let you know which character is causing the issue.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
            • 3. Re: DDR Error FMPA 16.0.1
              designdb

Rob,

I've been working on a tool to find and identify structural/encoding issues in the DDR.  If you'll like to send me a copy of your DDR, I'd love to use your issue to help test the new tool.  Along the way, I'll share the results of the analysis with you.

Let me know if you're interested.

• 4. Re: DDR Error FMPA 16.0.1
                designdb

Allow me to clarify: I will need to get a copy of the XML DDR, not the HTML one.

Thanks!