The layout anchor setting for an object -- say, a field -- may be different from the anchor setting for the group to which the object belongs. This can cause annoying and unexpected behaviors at time.
This is in FileMaker 16.
- Place a field on a layout (in layout mode)
- Leave the object anchored to left and top sides of layout (the default)
- Make the object a button (say, single step: "Beep")
- Select the object and anchor it to the RIGHT side of layout (as well as the left and top, which will already be the case)
- Go into browse mode, adjust width of window and notice that the object does NOT stretch or shrink with the layout, as expected.
- Go back into layout mode, select the grouped object, then open Layout Objects panel, and click on the base object (the field)
- Notice that while the grouped object is anchored both to right and left sides of layout, the base object (the field) is NOT
I can't make any sense of this behavior, and more important from a practical point of view, this behavior has repeatedly caused me problems that took time to diagnose (until I finally saw what's happening).