8 Replies Latest reply on Jul 7, 2017 3:16 AM by beverly

Licence conflict

rudihoremans

Our users can connect to FileMaker server within our LAN or from outside (using our public IP address which forwards to internal LAN).

One of our files is a "dashboard" that has a button to open another hosted file. When users connect to the master file with the internal IP address, opening the slave file is no problem. When users connect from outside our LAN to the hosted file with the piblic IP address, opening the slave file is no problem. However, when they connect from with the LAN to the master file using the public IP address, then opening the slave file throws up a licence conflict.

1. I would like to understand the WHY of this.

2. Is there a solution ?

3. My (temporary) solution: the button to call the slave file is a script that checks what is the IP address of the server ( Get(HostIPAddress) ) to determine whether the connection uses the LAN settings or the public address. Second, it checks the user's IP ( Get(SystemIPAddress) ). If the HostIPAddress = LAN address and user's IP address falls within our LAN range, the slave file may be opened. If NOT, a custom dialogue informs the user that he has connected to the server from within our LAN with the public IP address, that he should close the master file and reconnect using the local IP address.

4. I tried to script like this - but this does not work :

If (

Get(HostIPAddress) = "local IP address" and PatternCount ( Get(SystemIPAddress) ; "192.168.250" ) ; Open File (fmnet://local IP address/slave file)

Else If

Get(HostIPAddress) = "public IP address" and PatternCount ( Get(SystemIPAddress) ; "192.168.250" ) ; Open File (fmnet://public IP address/slave file)

)

End If

Any comments and suggestions are welcome.