8 Replies Latest reply on Jul 7, 2017 12:28 PM by philmodjunk

Combining Two Portals

withanlemmon@advantastar.com

I have a Contacts table and a Companies table. Each has unique serial numbers with a prefix to keep them separate: "CON" and "COM," respectively. They are joined with a joiner table, ContactsCompanies, so that each contact can be associated with more than one company (Some will have different jobs at related units; some will work more than one job; I can track previous employment).

I have one combined PhoneNumbers table, with its own serial numbering (no prefix) and one Parent serial number which can hold a serial number from either a Contact or a Company.

Now, to make things pretty and easier to use, I want one portal on the Contact form to show phone numbers, with the ones directly associated with the Contact at the top, and the ones associated with any company he works with underneath.

I would like to craft a relationship that can find all of the phone numbers directly related and related through a company and make one portal. If I can't do that, help in making two portals look like one through sliding and hidden object calculations would work.