4 Replies Latest reply on Jul 7, 2017 11:14 AM by simoncpage

FileMaker server 16 upgrade issues

simoncpage

I ran the upgrade today but hit some snags:

1. Login to webdirect is very slow. There is a lag in the prompt for the login with no progress bar just a blank white screen for about 15 secs before login prompt just appears?

2. Also I notice that anchored items behave different in webdirect table view to previous and will disappear if not altered.

3. SSL is odd for 16 client. Login from old 15 clients, webdirect or new 16 go clients shows green padlocks and no cert issues - but login with 16 clients shows some certificate issue albeit viewing certificate doesnt indicate any errors? 16 clients connecting to previous 15 server didn't have the issue.

thanks

• 1. Re: FileMaker server 16 upgrade issues
          TSPigeon

simoncpage:

Thank you for your post!

1. Login to webdirect is very slow. There is a lag in the prompt for the login with no progress bar just a blank white screen for about 15 secs before login prompt just appears?

-Does this issue occur on the Server Machine itself using localhost/fmi/webd?

-WebDirect can be a pretty heavy load on the Server Machine. You might want to verify you are hitting System Requirements for FileMaker Server 16.

-Might also confirm the layouts of the file have been updated from the Classic Theme as it was deprecated and removed. The latest versions of FileMaker have run into some issues with it.

2. Also I notice that anchored items behave different in webdirect table view to previous and will disappear if not altered.

-WebDirect does not support Table View: Feature comparison for FileMaker Pro and FileMaker WebDirect

-If Table View is not the issue, could you elaborate on the layout configuration and the issue you are seeing.

3. SSL is odd for 16 client. Login from old 15 clients, webdirect or new 16 go clients shows green padlocks and no cert issues - but login with 16 clients shows some certificate issue albeit viewing certificate doesnt indicate any errors? 16 clients connecting to previous 15 server didn't have the issue.

-FileMaker Server 16 does require a bundled concatenation of Root and Intermediate Certificates for all SSL implementation where previous versions did not. See the current standard for Configuring security for FileMaker Server 15 and higher.

I look forward to your response and hope some of this helps!

TSPigeon

FileMaker, Inc.

• 2. Re: FileMaker server 16 upgrade issues
            simoncpage

Thanks for the reply! The chain.pem is throwing me. I have tried rekeying and then adding gdig2.crt (from GoDaddy) as the intermediate cert along with the domain and serverkey.pem but this doesn't get accepted. I can however load it up with the intermediate missing but that is what is causing my issues. Then I can connect with most clients but not ODBC or FM16 client.

So when I download the new certificate from godaddy I get 2 files the domain cert and then another cert with name bundle in but not sure what that is or what the files need to make up this chain.pem file:

-----BEGIN CERTIFICATE-----

Root certificate

-----END CERTIFICATE-----

Intermediate certificate 2

Intermediate certificate 1

Can you help?

Thanks

• 3. Re: FileMaker server 16 upgrade issues
              TSPigeon

simoncpage:

To my understanding with GoDaddy, when downloaded using the "Other" option, the Bundle already has the concatenation we require. At that point you could do the import with the .CRT, ServerKey, and the Bundle. If this doesn't seem to be the case you may need to contact GoDaddy to separate the Intermediates and the Root to then concatenate into the chain.pem manually.

TSPigeon

FileMaker, Inc.

• 4. Re: FileMaker server 16 upgrade issues
                simoncpage

Yep I have just tried the bundle before you said that which I hadn't done before and that has worked for making the green lock in FM16 client! Will test ODBC now but pretty confident that has solved it. Thanks a lot!