2 Replies Latest reply on Jul 10, 2017 12:44 PM by SmartWolf

Script Workspace Hanging

SmartWolf

Product and version

FileMaker Pro Advanced 16.0.1.162 (64 bit)

OS and version

Windows 10 (64 bit)

Hardware

Intel i3-6100U

8GB Ram

2TB HDD

Description

Navigating the script workspace causes FileMaker to hang.

How to replicate

When the script workspace is NOT full screen, double click a script from the Scripts menu to edit it and then maximise the script workspace. This often takes you to a different script completely, upon trying to change the script you have been taken to or close the current script, FileMaker crashes.

• 1. Re: Script Workspace Hanging
          TSGal

SmartWolf:

Thank you for your post.

I am unable to replicate the issue.  This is what I have done:

1. Using FileMaker Pro Advanced 16.0.1 under Windows 10, I opened a database file that contains 20+ scripts.

2. I go into Scripts Workspace, and with no script selected, I double-click the third script.

3. With the script active, I maximize the Scripts Workspace, and I am still on the third script.

4. I select another script and close the third script.

Let me know what I am doing differently than you so I can replicate the crash.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.

• 2. Re: Script Workspace Hanging
            SmartWolf

I have just tried to replicate myself and it was working as expected however I thought (randomly) it may be triggered when the script workspace is a certain size to begin with. I attempted to resize the script workspace down manually to be very small and it locked up at that point.

This issue was raised by one of our team members a couple of weeks ago and I hadn't be able to replicate until today. If we have anymore info' to pass on then I'll post it here.

Thanks for your help!