I have been experiencing automatic groupings and lock ups of fields FileMaker Pro 16.
As anybody else been seeing the same behavior?
Any suggestions as to how to go around it?
Remove all instances of the "classic" theme from your layout.
Most of the auto-grouped objects are former "buttonized" objects. The classic theme is now deprecated so most headaches come from people that haven't re-themed since v12 came out.
Also, the new layout object inspector in 16 makes quick work of ungrouping and unlocking objects.
Very helpful! Thank you very much!
Thanks for the reply to the efege's question as I found the same problem when I recently converted to 16 from 12.
1) What do you mean by "the classic theme is now deprecated" (I translate this as "frowned upon")
2) How do you "re-theme" an existing solution? I never "themed," as used a default layout and went ahead with my own colors, fonts, etc.
3) Does this mean I have to designate a theme and then go to every layout and reformat every object, font, etc?
As in it doesn't even exist anymore. This can cause issues if you try to continue to use the theme going forward. Deprecated features in FileMaker 16 | FileMaker
Create a new theme by starting with a base theme and coming close to your original style, save this as a new theme.
Then you can apply that theme to all the other layouts in your file.
This video is a bit dated but covers it: FileMaker Pro 13 Tutorial | Custom Themes And Styles - YouTube
If you want to preserve object formatting but use a compatible theme, do the undo trick:
1) Select and apply new theme
2) immediately while still in layout mode, press Cmd/Ctrl + z.
This will reapply all the legacy styles to every object on the layout but retain the newly applied base theme. This gets you closest to your old styling but grants you the ability to use a new theme.
Creating your own theme is the best though, because then you get the power to applying a style change once and applying it across all layouts in your file at once when you save it to the theme.
Thank you very much! Very helpful.
Retrieving data ...