AnsweredAssumed Answered

Scrolling a portal on Windows 10 is a disaster

Question asked by TonyTrevisonno on Jul 11, 2017
Latest reply on Jul 11, 2017 by Steve Wright

Hey folks,

Has anybody come accross this issue. I have not been able to find anything online regarding this.

I have a new Windows 10 Laptop (Lenovo Thinkpad P50s) with two additional monitors (so three screens total including the laptop screen). I am noticing that, in FileMaker only, the scrolling of portals is not aligned with the mouse position. Put another way, it's like the portal position is offset to the right by, like, 200 pixels or something. So, I could move the mouse to the right of the portal by 200 pixels and still scroll the portal (with the mouse wheel and with the trackpad). And, that's on the Laptop screen which it setup as my center screen. On the right monitor the offset is even greater -- like 400, 500 pixels to the right. And, on the left monitor the offset moves to the left of the portal. Very strange.

When, there are two portals side by side, the mouse is halfway over the second portal and its still scrolling the first on.

I have the same FileMaker setup on Windows 7 and the scrolling works fine. Oh, I'm using FileMaker 16.

I thought it might have something to do with the multiple monitor setup but I even setup the laptop as a single screen setup and the scrolling is still off.

I looked through all the mouse, trackpad, and scrolling options on the laptop and I cant find anything that helps.

Does anybody have any ideas. Or, can anybody replicate this?

I hope I am explaining this clearly.

Outcomes