4 Replies Latest reply on Jul 12, 2017 5:47 PM by Malcolm

Using Wordpress as landing page and a login for WebDirect?

ezeitgeist

Does anyone have experience with, or know if I can, use a WordPress page as the landing page for a website and then integrate a login there that when users enter info and submit, it redirects and logs them into a WebDirect server?

I currently have a WebDirect redirect for my site and it uses a guest user but then loads up on concurrent users even when someone visits the page and never logs in. I'd like to avoid that. I can do a php site to then log in, but WordPress could be cleaner, and, you know, I get a free SSL cert from my website host if I use a WordPress page.

Thanks ahead of time!

• 2. Re: Using Wordpress as landing page and a login for WebDirect?
          Malcolm

Yes, you can but why do that work when it is already done for you. Simply direct the user to the WebDirect URL. If the database requires authorisation, it displays a login form 

Use the homepage parameter in the URL to tell WebDirect to return the user to your wordpress site when they logout.

malcolm

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • 3. Re: Using Wordpress as landing page and a login for WebDirect?
            ezeitgeist

I want to keep it as clean as possible. I feel like a user coming to a site to then be redirected to WebDirect to then login at WebDirect will create a situation of asking, "Why did I have to go to the first site?" At the same time, going directly to WebDirect clogs things up as well.

Will definitely use homepage parameters to send to the WP site on exit!

Is there anything different needed for the php in the WordPress page that would be different from not a WordPress site?

• 4. Re: Using Wordpress as landing page and a login for WebDirect?
              Malcolm

Why did they have to visit your wordPress site? Surely it wasn't just to show them a login form for WebDirect?

I'd encourage you to let WebDirect handle the authentication. It's more secure than passing user account details from site to site, probably more robust than the form that you'll device, and possibly more coherent for the user. For instance, how does your form handle name/password errors? Once the form has posted to WebDirect the filemaker authentication module will take over. It will handle errors it's way. The user who has made a typo is no longer on your wordpress site. They are now at the webDirect site staring at a login box. You could work around this by using CWP to test the authentication, getting a result back and only then going to WebDirect. However, the advantage of WebDirect is that you don't have to get your hands dirty with code. Each time you try to hide WebDirect's native methods you loose a little bit of it's benefits.

malcolm