Product and version (e.g. FileMaker Pro 14.0.3) Filemaker Pro Advanced 16.0.2
OS and version Mac 10.11.6
Browser and version (for WebDirect only)
Hardware Mac Pro
Description If conditional formatting is used to set the colour of text in a field, that formatting is not applied if the text has a colour applied to it.
How to replicate
1. Create a text field.
2. Put the text field on a layout. Apply conditional formatting that gives the text a colour if not isempty(Self). (In other words, the conditional formatting colour should always apply. Not a real world example, but good for testing.)
3. Type some text in the field, and exit the field.
4. See that the conditional formatting colour is applied as expected.
5. In the field, select the text and apply a colour. Exit the field.
6. See that the conditional formatting colour is being ignored.
Workaround (if any)
If you use some other (or additional) kind of conditional formatting, such as background colour, that works as expected. It's only text colour that fails to be applied.
Thank you for your post.
The Conditional Formatting for Text Color will only apply to those characters that are entered with the default Text Color for that field. This allows users to enter specific text color without it being overwritten by the Conditional Formatting text color.