Product and version (e.g. FileMaker Pro 14.0.3) FileMaker Pro Advanced 16.0.2
OS and version Mac 10.11.6
Browser and version (for WebDirect only)
Hardware Mac Pro
Description If you make a graphical object into a button, it is treated as a group in FileMaker 16, which prevents it from being edited.
How to replicate
1. In layout mode, use the rectangle tool to draw a rectangle on your layout.
2. Use control-click, Button setup to make your graphical object a button.
3. Click the little artist palette icon in the Inspector. With your rectangle selected, try to change its colour, or add fill, or anything else.
4. You can't!
5. Notice that the Inspector says it's a Group. But it's only one thing, and you never grouped it! Well, I'm guessing that's why you can't change its appearance.
6. Ungroup your rectangle.
7. Dismiss the warning that says it includes a button.
8. Give it some colour.
9. Turn it into a button again.
Workaround (if any)
Open the database in FileMaker Pro 15. Step 3 works as expected.