AnsweredAssumed Answered

FM16 Tasks Starter Solution problem with TASK ID MATCH FIELD

Question asked by flux1 on Jul 13, 2017
Latest reply on Jul 13, 2017 by philmodjunk

Okay, this is a FM newbie question. I'm examining the FM16 Tasks Starter Solution to learn how to design my own Tasks Database and I'm stumped by something: Where is the TASK ID MATCH FIELD? It's an Auto-Enter Serial Number Field, it's in the Relationship Graph in all 3 TOs, and I see it listed in the Field Picker as a Number Field as well, but I can't find it on any of the Tables or any Layouts.

I opened the Layouts Objects Window and did not see anything that might be this TASK ID MATCH FIELD either.

So, my question is this:

Is this field hidden? If so, I've tried to find it, but can't. Any tricks?

Or am I completely missing the fact that this field does not actually have to be on the database, just in the Table Occurrences? I'm not sure why an Auto-Serial Number Field, possible a Primary Key Field, would not be visible on the database?

Stop laughing now and be kind. What did I completely miss? Any schooling on Match Fields, Hidden Fields, etc, or whatever my problem is here, would be greatly appreciated, if it's helpful and not critical. I'm trying to understand Filemaker, but most of the time I feel like I'm riding a tricycle in the Tour de France??

Thanks.

Outcomes