AnsweredAssumed Answered

"The account and password you entered cannot be used to access.... "

Question asked by ddave on Jul 13, 2017
Latest reply on Jul 13, 2017 by ddave

Hello,

I have been working on a database hosted on server. It was built a while ago. (it is fmp12 file)

Now , the layout I am trying to access is based on "wip" table and the database name is "wip"

The layout is using some fields from other databases. I have attached the relationship screenshot for this database.

Screen Shot 2017-07-13 at 9.36.35 AM.png

It is using identical account name and password (Full Access Privilege) for every database it is related to.

Now the user flow for this solution goes : (database and table names are similar)

1. User opens a layout in "Mainmenu" database (File -> Open Recent )

2. Clicks on one of the buttons to go to a form layout based on "wip" database

when you go from first to second step, it always asks for credentials: (in which the account name is pre-populated with system username)

This happens only when you open the file first time after opening filemaker client. 

Screen Shot 2017-07-13 at 10.54.05 AM.png

When you enter valid account name and password for the "Customer" database, it throws this error:

Screen Shot 2017-07-13 at 10.37.05 AM.png

If I press cancel, it opens the layout with all the related fields missing. The "Customer" database file has File-option set to login using the same account but I tried to disable and enable it , didn't have any success. Is there any way I can disable this dialog box asking for credentials ?

Another thing I have found is when I open the customer database file manually and then try to reopen the layout, it bypasses the dialog box and populates all the related fields ok.

I could create a script and open the customer file first when user clicks the button and close it and then redirect user to the layout but I want to know why this issue happens.

The machines are using MAC OS X 10.12 and Filemaker Pro 14 and Server using MAC OS X 10.11, FM Server 13

Thanks

Outcomes