AnsweredAssumed Answered

Sub Summary Report with one to one table related fields

Question asked by cmcleod on Jul 14, 2017
Latest reply on Jul 14, 2017 by philmodjunk

Hey FM Community,

I am trying to create a report that simply displays the totals for each ticket or pass by if they are checked in or not. I can do this successfully for all in Table A, but when i add related (one to one) fields it wont give me the sub summary total for those.

Table A (People): [id_people], [CheckedIn], [TicketType1],[TicketType2], [and other contact info]

-----People includes my breakfield [CheckedIn], a simple 0 or 1. And also includes several number fields [TicketType1] i want to report on totals of check in vs not.

Table B (ParkingPasses): [id_people], [Pass1], [Pass2]

---- I have several number fields that are different types of passes

I want to include these fields on the same report, so i can print them on one page, but i cant figure out how to do it. 

1) Is it possible to put multiple related fields from different one to one tables on the same report?

2) I suppose i should, but do I have to, im on a time crunch, convert all these tickets/passes into their own one-to-many table? so instead of: ticketQTY1, ticketQty2, ticketQty3 convert to: id, ticketType, TicketQty. I would prefer to keep them flat, unti l have more time to revisit this.

ideally i would move the Table A [TicketTypes] Fields to their own table, another 1-to-1 relationship, or better yet i would make it a one-to-many.----note I know these tickets and passes should be broken down into line items, but my data is being imported/new records are coming from a spreadsheet where each ticket is in its own column, scripting the import process to convert into line items is beyond me right now. so for now im keeping it flat).

Thank You

Colin

Outcomes