5 Replies Latest reply on Jul 14, 2017 9:14 AM by planteg

Updating FMS

mvavrousek

I have never been able to successfully update my FMS 16 for windows using the updaters provided from Filemaker.  Any time a minor version update comes out I am the update fails.  The only way I have been able to update the server is to uninstall and redeploy. The server is running on Windows Server 2012 R2.  Any ideas?

• 1. Re: Updating FMS
          wimdecorte

This is the first updater for FMS16...

What errors are you getting?

The other option is to uninstall and reinstall using a full v2 installer (you can get that from FMI, ask them to regenerate your license download link).

• 2. Re: Updating FMS
            taylorsharpe

Well, did you closely follow the update instructions including stopping the server first?  That could possibly be the fly in the ointment. 

• 3. Re: Updating FMS
              steveromig

I have never been able to successfully update my FMS 16 for windows using the updaters provided from Filemaker. Any time a minor version update comes out I am the update fails. The only way I have been able to update the server is to uninstall and redeploy. The server is running on Windows Server 2012 R2. Any ideas?

Remember, on Windows especially, you need to stop the FileMaker Server service prior to attempting to uninstall FileMaker Server.

What exactly happens when you trying and update?

Steve Romig

FileMaker, Inc.

• 4. Re: Updating FMS
                mvavrousek

Yes, I have followed all of the instructions provided.  The bootstrapper,  setup.exe will not launch.  The MSU file that the bootstrapper calls fails as well. No visible error message.  Nothing in the event logs

• 5. Re: Updating FMS
                  planteg

Hi,

is the updater on the C: drive ? I had issues when running the updater from a shared drive.