1 Reply Latest reply on Jul 16, 2017 12:33 PM by MichaelManousos

Account totals in a portal

TimRogers_1

Ok, so I have a Filemaker database that I use in my restaurant to reconcile and balance daily sales.

I have 3 main Tables:

• Sales Data
      • Clerk Shifts
      • Clerk Data

The Sales Data is the primary table and in that we enter in the daily sales, cash recieved, electronic money received discounts, etc.

Then I have a portal to Clerk Shifts connected by the date where I can put an entry in if a server owes us cash (due to bad math on their cashout) or if we owe them cash (due to electronic Cash collected including tips being higher than the cash they collected)

The Clerk Data table is connected to Clerk Shifts by Clerk Name, and each Entry has the Clerks Name, some other info about them, and a portal listing all the transactions for their account (money owed, money owed to, money paid, money received from) and, an account balance.

I have a Summary Layout in Clerk Data that shows in a summary part (with body deleted)  and filtered by entries owing or owed more than $0. So this shows me a summary of all my outstanding accounts.

So I want to know if it's possible to have a Portal in my Sales Data Table that lists the same information of the above Summary Layout. I want to be able to show all the various accounts and balances.

Is this possible?

Thanks for any assistance.